World Robinson Cup
WORLD ROBINSON CUP 2008 Rules
The islands marathon "World Robinson Cup" (WRC) (founded by "Russian Robinson Club")
The Programs to be considered in WRC:
- RRA (Russian Robinson Award)
- BIA (Belarussian Island Award)
- CIsA (Canadian Islands Award)
- DIA (Danish Islands Award)
- DIB (Brazilian Islands Award)
- DICE (Chilean Islands Award)
- DIE (Spanish Islands Award)
- DIFM (French Islands Award)
- DIFO (French Overseas Island Award)
- DIP (Portugal Islands Award)
- GIA (German Islands Award)
- IIA (Italian Islands Award)
- IOCA (The Island of Croatian Award)
- IOSA (The Islands of Scotland Award)*
- JIIA (Japanese IOTA Islands Award)
- SPIA (Polish Islands Award)
- UIA (Ukraine Islands Award)
- USIA (US Islands Awards Program)
* - Every Scottish Island might be counted ONLY ONCE (no difference, if its reference based on the IOSA or SCOTIA reference list)
Note: the lists of islands for national islands programs are given on the RRC site
and on the official sites of program.
PARTICIPATION PERIOD: from 1 April till 30 September 2008.
BANDS: Every QSO/SWL/activity on every amateur radio band will be valid.
- "A" - islands hunters (not for club stations) must have as many QSO with different
islands considered for the national islands programs as possible.
- "B" - expeditioners must organize as many expeditions to the islands included in the
national islands programs as possible.
The final result = how many different islands were found in participators (A,
- "C" - SWL must have SWL with different islands considered for the national islands
(You may participate in more than 1 category. Points for different categories cannot
- For "A" and "C" groups - for each island, irrespectively of the range and type of modulation - 1 point.
- For "B" group - for an expedition to an island, considered for the programs - 1 point. For repeated expeditions - no points.
AWARDING: The winners in the groups get WRC cups. All the participants whose score is more than
10 get certificates.
The certificate will be send to you ONLY after your request by e-mail (in order to know your needs)!
Written reports should be sent to: "WRC", P.O.Box 70, 302028, Orel, Russia.
For E-mail reports: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the reports should be sent not later then 30 October 2004.
"A" group's participants' reports must be in chronological order and have the following:
Band Date Time Call Award Ref number Island name Points
20SSB 01-May-00 01:13 UA1AAA RRA RR-01-01 Kotlin Is. 1
"C" group's participants' reports must be in chronological order and have the following:
Band Date Time Call Worked Award Ref number Island name Points
20SSB 01-May-00 01:13 UA1AAA ZL1AAA RRA RR-01-01 Kotlin Is. 1
The name Islands Awards and Islands Reference Number for every QSO (SWL) are strongly required.
"B" group's participants' reports must have the following information: the date, the
call, the number of QSO, the name of an island program, the number of the island in
the program, and the materials confirming the work from the island (a photo, a video
tape, an article).
THE CUP`s EMBLEM:
If you organize islands expedition within the period from 1 April till 30 September
2004, you are a potential participant of the WRC. You may take the emblem of the WRC
and put it on your QSL-card.
THE CURRENT RESULTS:
At the end of each month the participants may send their results to the WRC. Our
address is email@example.com.
The results will be published in the RRC site.